Are you ready for this year’s State Youth Event? We are! The dates are March 8, 9 & 10. As in the past, the event takes place at Watson Homestead in Painted Post, New York. This year's theme is "God Of All Things." This will be a wonderful opportunity for youth and adults from all over the state of New York to get a chance to meet, learn, have fun, and worship together. The weekend is packed with many exciting as well as challenging workshops, and plenty of fun and free time!
We will also have many workshops for you to choose from as well as the ever popular dance on Saturday night, Bible studies, and creative worship. Bring your musical instruments if you wish. BRING YOUR PILLOW AND SLEEPING BAG or SHEETS FOR YOUR BED- WE DON'T WANT ANYONE TO BE COLD... If we have snow there will be plenty of outdoor activities, as well.
Please note these very important points
· The State Youth Event is for high school students in grades 9 through 12 who are interested in taking part in this exciting weekend. An adult advisor (21 or older) must accompany all youth. Groups attending should plan on one adult for every 7 youth.
· Do not expect to register at Watson Homestead! All participants (youth and adult) must register online(click "Register Now" below) or send in the fully completed & signed registration, covenant, health history, and video release forms with the prepaid fee $160 by March 1, 2019. When you pay, the conference office will send confirmation of that payment & registration.
· Rooms will be pre-assigned by the registrar (each group will be together in the same building). You may request one roommate, if that person also requests you.
· We will not be responsible for any lost or stolen articles while at Watson! Only personal music devices with ear plugs will be allowed. Bring your phone- if you think you need it- but Cell connection is not very good at Watson..
· All advisors are asked to help lead the small groups, and to help chaperone the dance, and late night rooms.
· No dinner will be served on Friday night! You might want to eat before you arrive.
· Do not be late! Registration is from 5PM to 6:30PM in the Main Lodge lobby. The kick off starts promptly at 6:30pm, followed by family group activities and workshop sign up at 7:30pm. Mandatory advisors meeting will be at 7pm in the Elm room. The event ends Sunday at noon.
We know you will enjoy your weekend with us at Watson Homestead. We look forward to seeing you there.
You can pay online through the registration link below or you can mail a check to New York Conference UCC, 5575 Thompson Road, DeWitt, NY 13214.
All forms MUST be signed and returned to Sueli Gaewsky via email or mail by March 1, 2019.
Questions: Call the Conference Office 315-446-3073 or email email@example.com
See you at Watson Homestead,
The New York State Youth Committee